1) What is meant by colored clothes is
those clothes which are worn to beautify oneself. Such clothes should not be
worn. However, if the clothes are not new and are not generally used for
beautification then they could be worn even though they may be colored. (Hindiya
2) If a lady has a headache and applies oil that does not have a fragrance with
the intention of medication and not with the intention of beautification then
this is acceptable.
3) If the ear rings are worn occasionally with the intention that the ears that
have been pierced do not close up and they are not exposed then this is
4) It is permissible for a lady in Iddat to go into her garden, veranda and to
hang the clothes. (Fataawaa Mahmoodiya 13/402)
5) It is not objectionable for other women to visit the lady during her Iddat,
provided the laws of Shariah regarding hijab and the like are not flouted. This
practice helps the bereaved lady to overcome her grief.
6) It is permissible to speak on the phone, read the newspaper (permissible
content) and use the internet for permissible purposes.
And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best